Please click on link below to view minutes from May 2017 meeting.
The June 2017 meeting of the Westchester Village HOA Board of Directors meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM. We will meet at the Detroit Country Day Lower School on Maple Road just east of the Westbourne entrance. Residents are encouraged to attend.
Memorial Day and Flag Day will be here shortly. You may find the the attached Public Law 94-344, Federal Flag Code, that contains rules for handing and displaying the United States flag, of interest.
A free, self-serve Plant Sharing Event is offered to Westchester Village residents on June 3 from 12 to 4 pm. Stop by 218 Hillboro to drop off garden plants you no longer need or pick out something new for your garden. You don’t have to bring a plant to exchange. Place your plants in a container at curbside.
Join in in our subdivision annual garage sale on June 8, 9 & 10 from 9 am to 4 pm and turn those treasures hidden in your basement, attic and garage into hard cash. Westchester Village is a favorite stop by those seeking bargains. This sale will be advertised on Craig’s List, Next Door and Facebook.
Here is a list of our local green events and a chance to help beautify your neighborhood!
Saturday April 22 & Sunday April 23, Neighborhood Clean Sweep
Take part in the neighborhood clean-up by volunteering with your neighbors to pick up winter debris and litter from our streets and entrances. Pickup paper debris and compost bags and get a free recycling tote bag at: 408 Hillboro Drive on Saturday between 8 am and 8 pm.
Saturday April 22 from 9 am to 2 pm
The Township is having its electronic recycling, medication disposal and paper shredding (up to five boxes of paper) at the Township campus. Be prepared to show resident ID.
Saturday, May 6 from 9 am to 2 pm
Dispose of hazardous waste responsibly at the Township campus. Be prepared to show resident ID.
For a list of items that can be disposed of, go to http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Services/EES/Environment/PDF/E-WasteFlyer.pdf
The 2017 edition of our Annual Children’s Egg Hunt promises to be bigger and better than ever. Word is out that more than 1300 eggs full of candy and other treats will be scattered around the playground at Detroit Country Day Lower School (on Maple, just east of our Westbourne entrance) this Saturday. Some eggs are specially marked to receive plush toys as well.
The Hunt begins at 10am, and based on previous years’ events, the hunt itself will end shortly after. However, we will have coffee and donuts until they run out, or 12 noon arrives, whichever comes first.
Bring your kids (or your grand kids) for this great day to socialize with your Westchester Village neighbors. And, don’t forget to have the kids bring their baskets as well!
The March 2017 Westchester Village Home Owner Association Board meeting was held at the Detroit Country Day Lower School (DCDS) on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. The Board will continue monthly meetings at DCDS located at 3003 West Maple Road, Bloomfield Hills. This is a change from the Plum Market meeting site. Meetings are planned for the third Tuesday of each month beginning at 7:30 pm. Please join us! Below are highlights of the March meeting:
- Last week, our Treasurer Marilyn Beckham mailed all homeowners a letter requesting payment of 2017 Association dues. Included in the letter she asked you to update your phone or email address. If you wish corrections to your name, address or contact information in the Directory, please include changes with your dues payment as soon as possible. The 2017 Directory goes to the printer April 10, 2017 and changes cannot be made after that date.
- Robin Adams is looking for volunteers to help make the April 8th egg hunt a success. Help is needed in the morning from about 9 am to noon. Please contact her at 313-277-3278.
- We are collecting stories for the Spring newsletter. Contact contact Don Hirst at email@example.com to discuss your contribution to our newsletter. Additionally, we provide opportunities for local businesses to advertise their product or service. Go to ad form for prices.
- Don’t miss Neighborhood Clean Sweep on Saturday & Sunday April 22 and 23. Take part in the neighborhood clean-up by volunteering with your neighbors to pick up winter debris and litter from our streets and entrances. FREE debris and recycling bags provided by your HOA!. See website for pickup information.
- We remind residents of the Bloomfield Township ordinance on trash pickup and the Westchester Village Declaration of Restrictions on Garbage and Refuse Disposal. Below is language copied for your review and its source (color highlights are to catch your eye:)
Bloomfield Township Ordinance on Trash Pickup
Trash is allowed to be put out at the curb as early as noon the day before your scheduled pick up day. All trash containers are to be removed within 12 hours following collection.
Declaration of Restrictions Westchester Village, #10
Garbage and Refuse Disposal. No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish. Trash, garbage, or other waste shall not be kept except in sanitary containers properly concealed from public view. All incinerators or other equipment for the storage or disposal of such material shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
Our next Board meeting is Tuesday, April 18 @ 7:30 pm. Please join us at Detroit Country Day Lower School.
The March meeting of the Westchester Village HOA Board of Directors will be held on Tuesday, March 21 at 7:30 PM. We will meet at the Detroit Country Day Lower School on Maple Road just east of out Westbourne entrance. Residents are encouraged to attend. We’d love to see you there!
The Westchester Village Roads Rebuilding Committee is announcing a Roads Rebuilding Petition signing event. The event will be held at Country Day Lower School on Maple Road on Saturday, March 18th from noon to 4 pm. The event will allow residents who support rebuilding of our roads to sign a petition in support of the project.
This is a quick and easy way for us to start to get the 51% approval (signatures) that we need. Please note that both spouses must sign the petition for a single address. One spouse’s signature is not enough for the Township approval. So, come on out (together) and we can move this project along!